Cham, Switzerland, March 5, 2019: Selecta Group, the leading unattended self-service coffee and convenience food provider in Europe, has published its first annual Sustainability Report, which outlines key achievements in 2018 and its sustainability strategy for 2019.
Selecta’s sustainability strategy is built on four pillars;
- Respecting the environment, through:
- Minimising the environmental impact of its operations
- Reducing its carbon footprint
- Contributing to a circular economy
- Committing to responsible products, through:
- Sourcing raw materials and products sustainably
- Stimulating healthier choices through innovative concepts
- Offering a wide range of certified sustainable products and a variety of healthy food and drinks
- Supporting the community, through:
- Investing in supply chain initiatives in the countries from which it sources its raw materials
- Engaging in the communities where Selecta is active
- Providing an enjoyable workplace, through:
- Offering training and development opportunities to all staff
David Flochel, Chief Executive Officer, commented, “It is more important than ever to ensure we are focusing on sustainable practices across the business. As Selecta continues to grow, so does our responsibility to the communities we engage with to minimize our social and environmental impact.
“We believe that respecting our environment, sourcing ethical products, supporting our communities and fostering an enjoyable workplace are essential ingredients for creating the sustainable outcomes we seek.
“We already have a number of important and effective initiatives in place, and I’m pleased to report good progress on these over the last year. All our coffee cups are 100% recyclable and all paper cups are 100% PEFC certified.
“Over the next year we will continue to focus on our four sustainability pillars across the markets in which we operate. Our goal is not only to Make the Day Work for people at work and on the go, but also for generations to come.”
- ENDS -
About Selecta Group
Headquartered in Switzerland since 1957, Selecta is the European market leader in unattended self-service coffee and convenience food solutions in the workplace and in public spaces. With over 9,000 employees and 250,000 customers spanning 16 countries, Selecta serves more than 10 million consumers a day on average through its 460,000 points of sale across Europe. The excellence of Selecta’s route-based operations have been recognised with multiple industry awards.
For more information, please visit www.selecta.com