Most people see having a coffee as one of the highlights of their day. From black coffee to cappuccinos, the UK are a nation of coffee lovers.
But where in the UK are the biggest coffee drinkers?
We have collated data on over 20 million coffee sales across the different cities in the UK to find out which city are the biggest coffee drinkers and which coffee is most popular.
These are the top 10 cities for coffee drinkers:
- Nottingham – 1,217,916 sales
- Leicester – 1,004,677 sales
- Birmingham – 809,821 sales
- Coventry – 663,801 sales
- Belfast – 660,887 sales
- Derby – 635,355 sales
- Northampton – 595,289
- Peterborough – 573,478 sales
- Sheffield – 542,149 sales
- Manchester – 541,901 sales
Nottingham came out top with a staggering 1,217,916 coffees sold in one year according to our data. Second was Leicester with 1,004,677 sales and then third was Birmingham with 809,821 sales.
Including data from all the cities, the top 10 most popular coffees were:
- Black coffee – 5,496,536 sales
- Latte – 4,673,299 sales
- Cappuccino – 3,259,145 sales
- White Coffee - 3,100,323 sales
- Mocha – 2,926,620 sales
- Espresso – 1,147,500 sales
- Americano Black – 245,781 sales
- Americano White – 150,916 sales
- Double Espresso – 91,178 sales
- Flat white – 65,548 sales
A simple black coffee appeared most popular with Brits with 5,496,536 sold in one year. In second was the ever-popular Latte with 4,673,299 sales and then third was the classic cappuccino with 3,259,145 sales.
To explore the rest of the data and explore your own city, you can view our interactive map and table by clicking here.