Q2 FY20 RESULTS
Steinhausen, 28. August 2020, Selecta Group B.V. (“Selecta” and together with its subsidiaries, the “Group”) announces its results for the three months ended 30 June 2020.
Q2 Financial Summary
- Revenue decreased by 47.3% to €212.8 million1 for the three months ended 30 June 2020 (three months ended 30 June 2019: €403.6 million) due to the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the corresponding country-wide lockdowns.
- Adjusted EBITDA decreased by 102.5% to €(1.7) million1 for the three months ended 30 June 2020 (three months ended 30 June 2019: €67.7 million) due to the impact of COVID-19, which the comprehensive action plan and cost cutting measures that Selecta implemented were not able to fully mitigate.
- Net cash generated from operating activities was an inflow of €20.9 million1 for the three months ended 30 June 2020 (three months ended 30 June 2019: €(6.2)million million) primarily due to strict capital expenditure and working capital management
Safeguarding the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, business partners, customers and other stakeholders remains of the utmost importance and a major focus for the leadership team of Selecta.
COVID-19 continues to have a negative impact on Selecta’s business across all of its markets:
- Revenue declined 40% to 80% in all of Selecta’s markets in April and May;
- Gradual ramp-up of business towards the end of Q2 due to the slow return of workforce to offices and prior travel and commuting habits;
- Further month-over-month improvement in July (-30% vs last year); and
- A range of convenient hygiene and safety solutions were launched for public and private vending in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
Management continues to focus on mitigating the negative effects on profitability and managing liquidity, including through measures such as:
- Temporary reduction of workforce in many cases supported by applicable government programmes;
- Negotiating fees, terms and rents with customers, suppliers and landlords; and
- Disciplined approach to capital expenditures and strict management of working capital.